At Beyond Smiles Dental we love to see our patients smile. With a belief in education and quality patient care, our experienced team invites you for a cosmetic consultation at our comfortable and modern practice so we can show you some ways that will help you improve your smile.
About The Consultation
At this obligation-free visit we will ask you a few questions about your cosmetic and orthodontic concerns and show you some different treatments that could enhance your smile..
With so many different treatment options available such as porcelain/composite veneers, crowns, preparation-free porcelain veneers (the teeth are not filed down), Invisalign, and so on, there is something to suit everyone.
What’s Best For You And Your Budget!
As every person is different, we will give you our honest, professional opinion on what is the best treatment option for you and your budget.
- For example, if you have worn down teeth, caused by grinding, the preparation-free porcelain veneers may not be for you. We may take some photos, or take impressions of your teeth, if we consider it necessary.
- Please contact our friendly team to arrange your complimentary consultation. We would love to see you there.
- A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of a tooth, like a false fingernail fits over a nail.
- Sometimes a natural-colour ‘composite’ material is used instead of porcelain.
Advantages of veneers
- Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy. Because they are very thin and are held in place by a special, strong adhesive, very little preparation of the tooth is needed.
- Some types of veneers don’t need any preparation at all.
How are teeth prepared for a veneer ?
- Some of the shiny, outer enamel surface of the tooth may be removed, to make sure that the veneer can be bonded permanently in place later.
- The amount of enamel removed is tiny and will be the same as the thickness of the veneer to be fitted, so that the tooth stays the same size.
- A local anaesthetic (injection) may be used to make sure that there is no discomfort, but often this is not needed.
- Once the tooth has been prepared, the dental team will take an ‘impression’ (mould). This will be given to the dental technician, along with any other information needed to make the veneer.
- The colour of the surrounding teeth is matched on a shade guide to make sure that the veneer will look entirely natural
- A veneer takes at least two visits. The first is to prepare the tooth and match the shade, and the second is to fit it.
- Before bonding it in place, your dentist will show you the veneer on your tooth to make sure you are happy with it.
- Bonding a veneer in place is done with a special adhesive, which holds it firmly on the tooth.
Cost : The costs for this treatment can vary from practice to practice so it is important to discuss charges and treatment options with your dental team before starting treatment.
Life of a Veneer :
- Veneers should last for many years; but they can chip or break, just like your own teeth can.
- Your dental team will tell you how long each veneer should last.
- Small chips can be repaired, or a new veneer fitted if necessary.